Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mr President don't Comment

President Obama last night stated in response to a question about the Cambridge Police and Professor Gates that he didn't have the facts but they acted stupidly. First of all when you say you don't have all the facts it is best not to comment.

He stated that since there was adequate proof he lived there it should have not gone any further. If he had looked into it he would have seen that the professor would not show his ID because he was convinced they were there because he is black. (see the report here) If he had showed his ID it could have ended there. President Obama stated that anyone would have been angry. I for one would not be angry if an officer came to my door and asked for my ID and told me someone reported seeing someone trying to break into my house. I for one would show him my ID and tell him maybe the door stuck or something similar. I would not make a scene and call him names.

In a clarification from the White House (see it here) the President says "Let me be clear I was not calling the officer stupid". Since this is an action by one person how exactly can he not be calling the officer stupid? If the officer arrested someone after it was proven he did nothing wrong he can only be evil or stupid correct? Maybe more facts are required before commenting.

President Obama, show some leadership and stop acting like an activist. You are now among historical figures such as Washington and Jefferson. You are behaving like dare I say it a community organizer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home