Thursday, March 30, 2006

Leadership Part III

I felt like leaving this topic, until something I heard on Focus on the Family recently. The broadcast was not based on politics or leadership. It had to do with living a truthful life in the post modern age. I admit I did not catch the entire broadcast and wish I had. It had a profound effect on my thinking.

The eventual resolution to this topic on leadership is truth and living a truthful life. I have stated in Part I that if we want good leaders we need to demand them. Politicians respond to what they perceive the electorate wants. It is safe to keep promising more goodies. It is safe to tell people that their gas prices are high because of oil profits. Part of living a truthful life is to not expect the government to subsidize your life. I say that as a home owner who loves my interest deduction. There are tax plans that would help in that manner, but that is another entire essay.

It starts early. As a teenager we look for the easy way out. How can I get a good grade on this test and still play baseball until 8:00? (I know I did it). We don't do the hard work, call it due diligence. We go on to college. How can I get a good grade on this exam and still make it downtown for Happy Hour? We get to the job market, how do I get this project done and still go out with my friends?

We look for the easy route. The truthful life does not look for the easy way out.

The true resolution is to look in the mirror. Demand that the leader looking at you live a truthful life. When each and every one of us does that, the Politicians will follow. In the mean time lets do it anyway, your life and mine will be more fulfilling with the truthful life. I know I am looking at things a little different today, and pray that God will bless my efforts to live that life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home