Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crappy Feet

What is the job of a movie? I suppose it depends on what the producer and director deem it to be. I personally feel betrayed by the move Happy Feet. We took our kids to this movie last weekend. I was expecting a family movie. I really didn't know anything about it before going so I blame myself for that. If had researched I would find that Michael Medved hated it almost as much as I did. I trust him for movie reviews.

Back to the discussion of entertainment or agenda. I believe this is a pure agenda movie. The advertising leads one to believe it is a nice family about lovable penguins. It is dark, a bit scary and full of leftist subplots. I call it indoctrintation.


Starts innocently enough. A lovable penguin in a village of penguins that sing. Problem is our young hero can't sing, but he can dance. (Kind of reminds me of Footloose). Along the way his dad tells him he isn't 'penguin enough'. The elders of the clan expel him for being different. The entire subplot I am sure is supposed to remind us of Christian fundamentalissts.

From the middle on we get a different subplot, that can only be described as fishing is evil and humans are evil.

Luckily my kids are young enough that they don't understand the subplots, i'm sure this is indended to convert some young teens to the leftist animal rights and environmentalists movements.

Next time I plop down my fifty bucks I will be a little more careful about who I am giving it to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home